Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Forum “root” issues

• digiloop
    Participant

@digiloop

I’m having problems with the root of the forum board.

I have the forum root slug(s) setup exactly as the installation instructions recommend:
    -forum root = forums
    -forum prefix is checked
    -the root shows “forum index”
    -forum single slug = forum

I created a page with the slug forum and the shortcode added to it. When you go to the page, the forums shows exactly as it should. However, let’s say you have the following showing in breadcrumbs:

Home>Forums>Discussion

When you click on “forums” to go back one (e.g. the main page for the forum) it produces a paragraph of content with the forums listed in it. You cannot get back to the main board, unless you click on a link that contains the forum slug (.e. https://mysite.com/forum)

Can anyone help me on what I’m doing wrong. I’ve tried different things to see if I could manipulate it, including swapping the root and single slugs, unchecking the prefix, changing what the root shows, etc. I’ve even changed the page slug to forums instead of forum, and it does the same thing. Instead of showing the main forum board, it gives this paragraph summary of topics and forums the board contains.

what shows when you click on the root slug for the forum
    this is what it should show for the main page of the forum, but once you look at a topic and click forums to go back to the main board, it reverts to the summation of all topics/forums -- as the previous image shows

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• Robin W

@robin-w

it could be a theme or plugin issue

Themes

As a test switch to a default theme such as twentytwenty, and see if this fixes.

Plugins

If that doesn’t work, also deactivate all plugins apart from bbpress and see if this fixes. if it does, re-enable one at a time to see which is causing the error.

If you cannot do this to your site (say because it is live) then use the ‘troubleshooting’ features of this plugin to let you test without affecting other users

Health Check & Troubleshooting

Then come back

digiloop
    Participant

@digiloop

Robin, thanks so much for the quick response!! I did what you said, and it appears to be a theme issue (I’m using a Genesis theme). Have already emailed the folks on it and hopefully they can find the issue and help me out. Thank you SO much for the advice. I’m a bit new to this, so I really appreciate you steering me in the right direction!

Robin W

@robin-w

try this -old but still works

bbPress Genesis Extend

digiloop
    Participant

@digiloop

Ahhh! That’s perfect!!! Robin… THANK YOU!!

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar