Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Forum Replies: Text Tab Available But Not Visual

• Matoca
    Participant

@matoca

I have a bbPress forum running that has been successfully running for a little over a month now on a WP blog. Average usage is about 20 posts a day.

In the last few days I noticed that the Visual tab is not available for replies, only the text tab. I have tried to switch to the visual tab, but it is not available. This would not be so annoying except all posts are emailed to all admins and the replies are full of HTML code. I understand what it is, but the other moderators do not understand it.

So the emails look like this:
    “worked closely with one of the researchers on this paper <span style=”line-height: 1.428571429;”>(both did their Internal medicine specials together at vet university)</span><span style=”line-height: 1.428571429;”> &”

I hope someone is able to help. We are a busy forum helping very sick dogs and there probably have been 50 replies in the last few hours.
    Thank you, Matoca

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • bbPress disabled the visual editor in bbPress 2.3 ~8 months ago.

Take a look at this plugin if you want to enable it again

https://wordpress.org/plugins/bbpress-enable-tinymce-visual-tab/

If you think that is what you want to try please use the download link attached to this post in their support forum as it is an updated version https://wordpress.org/support/topic/not-working-in-bbpress-24?replies=9#post-4687693

Matoca
    Participant

@matoca

Thank you for writing back so quickly!

I don’t disbelieve you, but I can’t understand why the visual tab has been working since the installation of bbPress a month ago and suddenly failed this week?

I followed the link and loaded the updated version on the server then installed it in the plugin directory. There was no change, I still can’t select the visual tab, but I do see the Add Media button and it works.

Once I start getting some emails of posts I will be able to tell if the html has been removed from emailed posts.
    Thank you

The plot thickens…

I don’t disbelieve you, but I can’t understand why the visual tab has been working since the installation of bbPress a month ago and suddenly failed this week?

I think you may be using another plugin that adds this functionality and the issue may be with that plugin 😉

I followed the link and loaded the updated version on the server then installed it in the plugin directory. There was no change, I still can’t select the visual tab, but I do see the Add Media button and it works.

Neither bbPress or the plugin I linked to have an ‘Add media’ button :/

Matoca
    Participant

@matoca

Thank you for you extreme patience with me.

So am I not supposed to be seeing the Visual Tab inside the forum Topic and Replies now that this recommended plugin is installed? This is from the read me file for bbPress Enable Tinymce-visual-tab:
    “Enabling the full default TinyMCE editor mode will display all the buttons, similar to the editor inside the WordPress admin.” I guess I expected to see this.

Ok, this gets more complex doesn’t it… Another plug in, I will have to look and see what could be doing this. This function of editing user’s image dimensions in topics right in the forum pages was super for the moderators. They are leery of always using the dashboard to do everything and this made it a simple task. Isn’t it always hard to go backwards…

The Add Media button information came from the Read Me file for bbPress Enable Tinymce-visual-tab:
    “Enabling the media upload button, “Add Media”, will only enable this button for users who have the ability to upload files. By default this is authors and greater. This means this button will _not_ show for normal forum users. This is simply to give administrators the ability to easily upload and insert images into bbPress.”

I am giving 4 moderators admin and keymaster privileges to add images to posts, delete spam etc. The forum is being run with no registration required, my choice. The topic and reply traffic has been considerable and this is only a hidden test site by invitation only at this point. I had many choices to pick from for forums, and we definitely agreed we did not want to be using FB or yahoo. So far bbPress has been perfect for this. But the plugin problems have been greater than normal this week.
    Thank you for your help,
    Patrice

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar