Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Forum Participants cannot create new thread/topic!

• martinbrunnberg
    Participant

@martinbrunnberg

Hi!

I’m a new bee at this and I recently installed bbpress, but where can I enable “create new thread/topic” for my forum participants? Seem Iäm missing something very fundamental here.

As it is now I can only create new threads when I’m logged in as admin.

Would be very thankful for a hint in this matter.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You may need to run the repair tool “Remap existing users to default forum roles”
    https://codex.bbpress.org/repair-forums/

Also check your bbPress settings for roles, ideally this should already be set with ‘Default Role = Participant’ and ‘Auto Role’ is checked

Default user role
    Select the default role for bbPress forum members as assigned by the ‘Auto Role’ option below, the roles are Keymaster, Moderator, Participant (Default), Spectator, Visitor and Blocked. For full details of the permissions assigned by these roles please User Roles and Capabilities.

Auto Role
    Automatically assigns the default role to new, registered users upon visiting the site.

https://codex.bbpress.org/forum-settings/

martinbrunnberg
    Participant

@martinbrunnberg

Thanks a lot for reply!

Unfortunatly I cannot find the settings that you are refering to. Below settings, bbpress the possibilities look like this:

“Allow users to mark topics as favorites
    Fancy Editor Use the fancy WordPress editor to create and edit topics and replies
    Embed media (YouTube, Twitter, Flickr, etc…) directly into topics and replies.”

There are nothing that looks even close to what you are refering to. Where can I find them? I’m running bbpress Version 2.1.

I did run the repair tool but with no look. There is no botton available to create a new thread. Must be something simple I’m missing here.

Very thankful for any input.

Regards
    Martin

Regards,
    Martin

martinbrunnberg
    Participant

@martinbrunnberg

As i it is now, only I can create new threads and that is when I’m logged in as admin and doing it “behaind the curtains” so to speak.

Upgrade to bbPress 2.4.1 and you will due to all the bug fixes your issues will be resolved.

martinbrunnberg
    Participant

@martinbrunnberg

Thanks for input! Unfortunatley did the upgrade nothing but disabeled the access to pass-word protected pages. So I’m more than stucked – I gained an addtional problem… 🙁

Happy for any suggestion.

Regards,
    Martin

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar