Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Forum pages defaulting to posts?

• thecueball
    Participant

@thecueball

Hi all, I’m trying to set up BBPress to combine forums and comments on my website, and I’m stumped by an odd issue.

I can create a menu page with the short code [bbp-forum-index] that looks and works perfectly, but whenever you go deeper into the forums, everything defaults to the Post template – which means I get the standard blog sidebar (that I don’t want on the forum) and an author detail at the bottom of the page.

I’ve tried turning off comment integration (disabling the plugin) and it doesn’t seem to make a difference. Can anyone help?

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
  • I’d suggest disabling all your other plugins to make sure there is no conflict:

To try and resolve conflicts with other plugins please disable all your plugins except bbPress to see if the error persists. Re-enable each plugin one at a time and if things break again you should be able to now know which other plugin is causing the conflict.

That said I think it is more likely a theme issue, what happens if when using Twenty Eleven/Twenty Twelve/Twenty Thirteen themes? Does the issue still persist?

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar