Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Forum page not displaying correctly after adding shortcode

• Nicola

@nicoleuk

I installed BBpress via Buddypress – site wide forums.

I then set up up the slugs and the forum was working fine. I have a theme that already includes styling in the style.css file so customising colours and such wasn’t a problem. However I wanted to have the ability to add other content to the page which I couldn’t as the forum page didn’t actually exist in my wordpress pages.

I then noticed a message saying “The following active BuddyPress Components do not have associated WordPress Pages: Discussion Forums”. After I created the page named forum and associate it with the forums, it stops working in the front end when navigating to my site and redirected to the homepage. So within the created Forum page I added this shortcode

[bbp-forum-index]

I was then able to select the new forum page as the forum in buddypress and remove the notice.

The forum is now still located at mysite.com/forum which is great. I prefer this method I want to have the ability to add content to the created forum page as I said above.

But now the forum page seems to have added in the share and twitter plugins and I’ve no idea how to fix this! please help.

http://stylereaction.com/forum

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• Nicola

@nicoleuk

Update:”I was then able to select the new forum page as the forum in buddypress and remove the notice.” – sorry this is wrong.

It was still causing the redirect problem so I had to select the buddypress page as ‘none’.

Which means I’m still getting the notice of “The following active BuddyPress Components do not have associated WordPress Pages: Discussion Forums”.

Nicola

@nicoleuk

Sorry for another post since I can’t edit above. I got rid of the share plugins that were causing the problem.

Still seeing the buddypress notice though.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar