Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Forum notifications sent as plain text

• ewd910
    Participant

@ewd910

Hi, I’m having an issue where my forum notifications are not being formatted correctly. None of the spacing that exists in the default notification message exists in the resulting email, and I have confirmed that the message is being sent using the ‘text/html’ content type header. I added a <br> tag to the notification email as a test as well, but it was sent in plain text and not rendered as a line break. Anything I should try?

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• Robin W

@robin-w

bbp style pack

once activated go to

dashboard>settings>bbp style pack>Subscription Emails

If that works and you don’t want to keep the plugin, then the email stuff is in the plugin includes/functions_email.php

ewd910
    Participant

@ewd910

Wow that code is a lot more involved than I thought it would be. I’ll probably end up just using your plugin. Thanks as always! Do I need to send as text/html if I just want the correct line spacing or is there a way to fix that for plain text emails? Right now by default all the carriage returns get stripped by default, that’s really all I’m trying to fix. If I need to send HTML that’s fine but I have a hard time believing the default bbpress notifications should look like this

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar