Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Forum notification emails sent to empty email addresses

• stuartataltitude
    Participant

@stuartataltitude

My website keswickmountaineeringclub.com uses forums, e.g. to log information about rock climbing meets. The Meets forum says it has 113 subscribers, but if you list the subscribers and count them you find there are 93. If you list the notification emails sent out you see (scattered throughout the list of emails in the email log) 20 mails that have been sent to an empty (missing) email address. I’m guessing, but maybe when deleting some old club members the email notification list has not been updated correctly? It looks as if the list of email addresses used to send out notifications is not synchronised with the list of subscribed members. Is there a way to fix this?

I’m currently using WordPress 6.0. bbpress version 2.6.9. bbP private groups 3.9.1. bbp style pack 5.0.5. bbPress Toolkit 1.0.12.

Viewing 13 replies - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

• Robin W

@robin-w

dashboard>tools>forums>repair forums>Recalculate engagements in each topic for each user

that might fix it

stuartataltitude
    Participant

@stuartataltitude

Thanks for your help Robin but that didn’t change anything.

Robin W

@robin-w

ok, I’ll take a look at where that stat is listed.

can you just confirm that this is a technical issue – ie all the current subscribers are getting their emails, it is just that bbpress is also sending another 20 emails to empty addresses, and the number is wrong?

stuartataltitude
    Participant

@stuartataltitude

Yes. Your summary is 100% correct. Many thanks.

Robin W

@robin-w

thanks, I’ll take a look when I get a moment

Robin W

@robin-w

ok, just found a few minutes.

When you say ‘ The Meets forum says it has 113 subscribers’ – where is this shown? not a feature I use on my test site, so I’m struggling to find it 🙂

do you have an additional plugin doing this?

stuartataltitude
    Participant

@stuartataltitude

Don’t think I have anything special doing this. If I choose Forums from the Dashboard and then All Forums then it displays a table of which one of the columns (maybe optional?) called Subscriptions which displays ‘<number> subscriber(s)’.

It’s there a way to upload screenshot images here?

stuartataltitude
    Participant

@stuartataltitude

The photos are in a shared iCloud album here https://www.icloud.com/sharedalbum/#B105nhQSTKgt8j

stuartataltitude
    Participant

@stuartataltitude

The first 4 images in this shared folder are the table of info about the Forums. If you click on the 113 subscriber(s) for the ‘Meet information and reports’ Forum then you get the list of subscribers (which is shown in the next 6 images). You’ll see that only 108 people are listed in the subscriber table of which 15 are unsubscribed (i.e. only 93 subscribers NOT 113).

Robin W

@robin-w

ok, that is not bbpress, suspect it is bbPress Toolkit doing that, try decativating it to see if that column disappears

stuartataltitude
    Participant

@stuartataltitude

You’re correct! If I deactivate bbPress Tookit the column disappears. Guess I need to report the issue to Pascal Casier instead? However he hasn’t updated his plug-in for 4 years so probably no great hope. I think I used it to allow users to subscribe to individual forums. Is this possible in other ways or with other plugins?

Robin W

@robin-w

bbpress changed the way it did subscriptions in 6.x, and not sure if Pascal’s plugin allows for this. That might explain the issues.

bbpress allows users to subscribe/unsubscribe to individual forums, so that is not part of that plugin.

stuartataltitude
    Participant

@stuartataltitude

Is there any way to a) see who is subscribed to a forum and b) for an administrator to add/remove multiple members to forums? I couldn’t find it (apart from logging in as each user in turn and subscribing/unsubscribing)?

Viewing 13 replies - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar