Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Forum not working, giving me error message when I click on any forum.

• BigRedNY84

@bigredny84

Hi. I’ve been trying to fix this for about a week now with no luck. BBPress installs correctly, and when I go to the Forum page I see the proper list of forums to choose from. But when I choose a forum, it doesn’t take me to the topic list at all. Instead I get a blank page with this error message at the top:

Warning: get_object_vars() expects parameter 1 to be object, boolean given in /home/hukeac/public_html/wp-includes/post.php on line 409.

How can I fix this?

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

• Jared Atchison

@jaredatch

Is this on a production site or a site that is currently in development?

BigRedNY84

@bigredny84

It’s on a site that is already live. You can check it out here. http://bgbureau.com/mainforums/

Jared Atchison

@jaredatch

Weird, everything seems to come up for me.

BigRedNY84

@bigredny84

The Forum shows up, but when I click on the Hello World forum, I get an error on the next page and can’t post any topics or anything of the sort. There’s no “Post Topic” buttons.

John James Jacoby
    Keymaster

@johnjamesjacoby

What version of WordPress are you using? I suspect something in your theme is attempting to access a $post variable that’s been unset as part of bbPress attempting to work its magic.

You can tell that it’s using the page template, since you have some hard-coded author information in there. It’s probably something in your theme that’s trying to access something that no longer exists.

BigRedNY84

@bigredny84

I’m using the latest version of WP now. It was giving me the same error befoe and after I updated WP.

BigRedNY84

@bigredny84

Still not working. Anything I can do?

Jared Atchison

@jaredatch

If you switch your theme to TwentyEleven does it still happen?

BigRedNY84

@bigredny84

It works fine in TwentyEleven.

Jared Atchison

@jaredatch

If it works with TwentyEleven then unfortunately it’s an issue with you theme (typically the theme is doing something strange and not orthodox).

I’m not familiar with the Arras theme, I would contact the theme author and see if they have any insight.

Without having the theme it’s hard to tell, it could literally be 100s of things.

I noticed the theme is no longer available in the WordPress.org theme repository, looks like it got pulled. That’s a little concerning as themes are pulled from the repo when they are either not written correctly or doing something shady (putting links in your footer, etc).

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar