Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Forum Moderation

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

• Mark McWilliams

@markmcwilliams

Rich Pedley: […] is akismet even active here?

I was under the impression it was active around bbPress.org I why, why not, if it didn’t play well together then it’s the ideal opportunity to fix it! :) I’m happy to offer my services around here to help clean-up any SPAM that’s kicking about!

Mark McWilliams

@markmcwilliams

Rich Pedley: […] is akismet even active here?

I was under the impression it was active around bbPress.org I why, why not, if it didn’t play well together then it’s the ideal opportunity to fix it! :) I’m happy to offer my services around here to help clean-up any SPAM that’s kicking about!

Rich Pedley

@rich-pedley

as am I, save me having to modlook as many ;)

Rich Pedley

@rich-pedley

as am I, save me having to modlook as many ;)

Rich Pedley

@rich-pedley

bumpage due to recent spam

John James Jacoby
    Keymaster

@johnjamesjacoby

It’s active, but it’s a lot harder to calculate spam on a registered and activated user account.

John James Jacoby
    Keymaster

@johnjamesjacoby

It’s active, but it’s a lot harder to calculate spam on a registered and activated user account.

Mark McWilliams

@markmcwilliams

John James Jacoby: It’s active, but it’s a lot harder to calculate spam on a registered and activated user account.

What some people go through just to SPAM a forum! =/

Mark McWilliams

@markmcwilliams

John James Jacoby: It’s active, but it’s a lot harder to calculate spam on a registered and activated user account.

What some people go through just to SPAM a forum! =/

Rich Pedley

@rich-pedley

blergh, does the akismet version here weight registered users then?

Rich Pedley

@rich-pedley

blergh, does the akismet version here weight registered users then?

Mark McWilliams

@markmcwilliams

We’ve been UGGed! :O

Mark McWilliams

@markmcwilliams

We’ve been UGGed! :O

Space
    Participant

@bkno

What can be done to prevent this? It’s not a good advertisement for bbPress. One of the main problems with all the other forum software is their inability to tackle spam. WIth Akismet we should have a significant advantage.

I don’t know a lot about Akismet, but in this case I feel it should overlook the fact people are registered. A lot of this is blatant spam that I’d be surprised to see get past Akismet protection on blog comments. It’s like it’s giving registered people a free pass to post whatever they like – why should it let someone post 10 topics in a row? You can guarantee this is not legitimate posting behaviour.

Space
    Participant

@bkno

What can be done to prevent this? It’s not a good advertisement for bbPress. One of the main problems with all the other forum software is their inability to tackle spam. WIth Akismet we should have a significant advantage.

I don’t know a lot about Akismet, but in this case I feel it should overlook the fact people are registered. A lot of this is blatant spam that I’d be surprised to see get past Akismet protection on blog comments. It’s like it’s giving registered people a free pass to post whatever they like – why should it let someone post 10 topics in a row? You can guarantee this is not legitimate posting behaviour.

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar