Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Forum list – freshness showing last topic date, not reply

• cirrus123
    Participant

@cirrus123

Hi there – for some reason when I view my forum list page, it is showing the date the last topic was created, not the last reply in that topic.

However, when I click on that forum, in the topic list it shows the correct time and date of the last reply.

Is this normal?

bbpress: 2.5.6

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• Jakobuz
    Participant

@jakobuz

I’ve the same strange behavior on the forum I created, for the time being I removed these dates (because it looks very confusing), but it would be better if the date with the last reply was shown.

cirrus123
    Participant

@cirrus123

This is still there. Is this a bug or what? Seems to occur after you delete a post for some reason. I have run the repair forums tool but it does not repair the issue.

cirrus123
    Participant

@cirrus123

I am painstakingly going through the code to fix this issue, and due to the fact that I have no experience with bbpress code, it is way more taxing than it should be.

I will leave crumbs here so anyone more equipped than myself can jump in and repair it before I do and save us all a lot of trouble.

I have discovered that there is a bug with the following function:

bbp_forum_query_last_reply_id

This is called when the update freshness repair is run and is supposed to return the last reply ID for a forum. Right now, it is consistently returning ‘0’.

It is found in includes/forums/functions.php

cirrus123
    Participant

@cirrus123

For anyone having this issue, here is the fix:

In function: bbp_forum_query_last_reply_id

in file: bbpress/includes/forums/functions.php

change: if ( false === $reply_id ) {

to: if ( !$reply_id ) {

It needs to know that ‘0’ is not an acceptable reply ID and then query for a new one.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar