Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Forum landing page link in site menu – how?

• Toni
    Participant

@tools4toni

I had to manually add a link in the site menu for the main forum page/section.
    The individual sub-forums generated menu items – I don’t want those in the main site menu.

That seems incorrect – no menu item for the forum section?

– WP 4.1/bbPress 2.5.4
    – MultiSite install
    – MultiSite sub-site is dedicated to bbPress
    – I have used the generic twenty fourteen, and other themes.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• jmodine
    Participant

@jmodine

the solution to this is built in WordPress not not in bbpress. First make sure you have an actual page called forums then use short code to mate it your main forums index page. Once that is confirmed check your permalinks and make sure they are not on default. ( I usually use post name). Now your forums page should be showing as a page on your site. Then go to custom menu Dashboard>appearance>menus once there you can create many different menus and label where they will show up, or even call them through the widget area. But for your particular problem find the one called Main(top primary menu) then just add the pages you want to show up on that menu and delete the ones you don’t want to show up. (Be sure to uncheck automatically add top level pages).

Toni
    Participant

@tools4toni

Thank you very much for a thorough and clear explanation! I would have never, ever, figured this out.
    Cheers!

Toni
    Participant

@tools4toni

Wait – what is the shortcode? I know how to use them – but I don’t know them.

Toni
    Participant

@tools4toni

Oh, I have reinstalled bbPress to try again. Now my set-up is different. I will start a new thread.

Toni
    Participant

@tools4toni

Somehow the menu is in order this time. And…

I found what you were explaining to me, and the shortcode (what I was searching for):

Step by step guide to setting up a bbPress forum – Part 1

Thanks again, I knew exactly what to look for this time.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar