Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Forum issues. Wishlist protection?

• paperprofit
    Participant

@paperprofit

I have a forum that I wanted to protect for my members only. I have Wishlist-member installed and activated, but bbpress topics and replies seem erratic when I try the protection. So I removed all protections to make sure that the issue is not with bbPress or even my Theme (Tesseract).

What I found out is that even with my protections all off, bbPress is not diplaying my Topic, only the replies to them. I have 3 topics. Is there a way you could help? Here are the topics:

Market Commentary

Theta Gain / Losses

PCCRC to Genie

Incidentally, when I am logged in as admin, I do see the original posts (topic).

Viewing 12 replies - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

• Robin W

@robin-w

could be lots of things, but try

bbpress wp4 fix

and/or

bbpress wp4 fix2

paperprofit
    Participant

@paperprofit

It seemed for a moment that the problem was fixed. I now see the original “topic” entry, but when I added few replies, I cannot see them, unless I log in as admin.

I had installed the bbpress style pack, and deactivated it to see if that fixed the problem. It did not.

paperprofit
    Participant

@paperprofit

Now it is getting worse. I just created a new Topic, and I cannot see it with a non admin log in.

Robin W

@robin-w

given that wishlist is a paid plugin, suggest you contact them for support

paperprofit
    Participant

@paperprofit

But the forums are not being protected by Wishlist!

Robin W

@robin-w

Presuming that it was working before you had wishlist, then you were protecting at some stage, and I suspect that it is possible that has not been unset by you switching it off.

paperprofit
    Participant

@paperprofit

Ironcally, it is the newly created Topics and Replies that are not showing up. I will try reinstalling BBPress, and continue to leave Wishlist out of the equation. I will report back.
    Is it not possible that the problem has to do with my Theme?
    Thanks for your patients, Robin.

Robin W

@robin-w

theme related issues tend (but not always) to be fixed by the fixes suggested above – did you try these?

if so, try as a test to switch to a default theme such as twentysixteen

paperprofit
    Participant

@paperprofit

Thank you for that suggestion. I will try that.
    I do have another site created in Tesseract that have no Wishlist member or bbpress at this time. I will create a BBpress forum there and see what I get. Your suggestions are much appreciated.

I have contacted Wishlist as well, in case they know of any issues.

paperprofit
    Participant

@paperprofit

My problem was solved. I am not exactly sure how. This morning I started by setting up the protection (Wishlist) for each Forum, Topic and reply. I carefully selected the protection buttons and groups for each topic and reply and saved each page.

I reinstalled the bbPress WP4 fix and bbPress WP4 fix 2 as suggested and then everything worked as if I never had had the issue before.

I was sure that those fixes were installed and activated before. Whether I installed them properly or not (before) I am not sure, but I have all the plugins I had initially installed, yet the issue is gone.

So thank you to Robin.

Robin W

@robin-w

Great – glad you are fixed at last !

kirstenboersma
    Participant

@kirstenboersma

Same issue over here, both fixes did the trick for me also. But I would rather like to see the fixes build in the Buddypress plugin.

Viewing 12 replies - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar