Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Forum Index Page Titile

• Tory
    Participant

@tmac187

Hello, I am using the latest version of bbPress along with the generatepress theme. I used Method 2 on the getting started instructions and set the forum root slug to “community”, and created a page titled “Community”, with the slug “community”. I used [bbp-forum-index] on the page.

My only issues are the page title (in the <title> tag) is “Forums Archive”, and I can’t seem to change it. And my breadcrumb trail is Home >> Forums. Somewhere, my site is pulling the term “Forums” for the <title> and breadcrumb (it’s a Rankmath breadcrumb).

Any ideas?

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

• Tory
    Participant

@tmac187

Here’s the link if that helps: https://camperfaqs.com/community. I disabled the RankMath plugin and the <title> is still “Forums”. It’s like the default bbPress terminology is still being used for the page title and breadcrumbs, even though I have renamed the forum root slug to “community”.

Tory
    Participant

@tmac187

I just tested on a different site with only the Yoast SEO plugin installed and running Twenty Twelve theme, and the same issue – the page title (in the <title> tag) is “Forums Archive” and the breadcrumb is “Forums”. SO, maybe that’s just default behavior? Is there any way to change “Forums” to “Community”? Thanks

Robin W

@robin-w

sorry, I’d like to help, but you site keeps throwing ad click bait at me

Tory
    Participant

@tmac187

Ad click bait? You mean the mediavine display ads? I can turn these off if that’s an issue…

Robin W

@robin-w

yes please

Tory
    Participant

@tmac187

done

Robin W

@robin-w

bbp style pack

once activated go to

dashboard>settings>bbp style pack>Breadcrumbs

Tory
    Participant

@tmac187

Thanks. I have your plugin. And I set the root crumb to be “Community”, but since I have Rankmath breadcrumbs active on my site, I assume it overrides the bbPress breadcrumbs. And would that fix the meta title issue being “Forums” instead of “Community”?

Robin W

@robin-w

yes, that sounds about right – try asking rankmath from what field they get the breadcrumb element

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar