Bottom

Forum Index Looks Wildly Different on Front End

• salvagedwisdom
    Participant

@salvagedwisdom

WordPress v. 6.2.2
    BBPress v. 2.6.9
    Site (under construction): https://www.batsandblacklace.com

I am able to use the forum index shortcode while I’m editing my forums page and everything looks perfect (first screenshot). On the front end however, it looks completely different and is completely unusable (second screenshot). I have driven myself insane trying to figure this out and I’m coming up completely empty. Does anyone know what’s going on here?

Thanks!

Screenshot 1
    Screenshot 2

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

• Robin W

@robin-w

You are using the w3 caching plugin.

At a guess, I’d say you need to clear the cache, so the correct version can load.

salvagedwisdom
    Participant

@salvagedwisdom

That doesn’t seem to be the issue.

Robin W

@robin-w

what theme are you using?

salvagedwisdom
    Participant

@salvagedwisdom

No theme. I use Breakdance Builder.

Robin W

@robin-w

Thanks.

I’d suggest as as a test switch to a default theme such as twentytwenty or twentytwentyone (don’t use 2022 or 2023), and see if this fixes.

If so, then you’ll need to raise it with the theme breakdance as it is a paid product

salvagedwisdom
    Participant

@salvagedwisdom

Breakdance isn’t a theme and it actually disables any theme installed in WordPress. I would have to start from scratch. Thank you anyway.

Robin W

@robin-w

however breakdance does it, it is essentailly using the wrong template to display the forum page – one to query with then.

If you get a fix, please do post back here to help someone else who might get this problem in future

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar