Categories
Search
Bottom

Forum images

• celsocos
    Participant

@celsocos

Hello.

Here in bbPress site I found a “featured” site with small images before each forum.

Forum

You can see small photos on the left in the main areas, but I found no way to add such images in my forum. I have a bbpress with initial setup and I wonder if I need some plugin for this.

I don’t need to mimic the theme style (my theme have a nice bbPress template!!), I just want the ability to add images on the left, similar the example above.

I will appreciate suggestions with this basic question.

Regards,
    Celso.

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Hi,

In my ‘bbPress Toolkit’ plugin I have basic ‘featured image’ possibilities. Have a try…

Pascal.

celsocos
    Participant

@celsocos

Thank you, I will look into it.

Best regards,
    Celso.

celsocos
    Participant

@celsocos

Hello Pascal. I install the bbPress toolkit and the plugin concept is good, but I found issues I’d like to report.
    1) The feature “Replace text Oh bother! No topics were found here!…” is not working. I wonder if the issue is because I am using pt_BR translation. I can see the same message (in portuguese), and my alternative text never show up.
    NOTE: “Completely remove message and box for empty forum…” is working fine.

2) Display featured image in front of forum name, image width: 50px does not show any image. I see the featured image option in forum page, I loaded a icon-like image but no result.

3) I also have problems with some features from bbp Style Pack… Maybe a theme incompatibility? My theme is a premium one, to be honest with a good quality so it’s weird. I do not expect this kind of bug, I believe is something related with my site.

WP version 4.4.2
    Theme Betheme 11.9
    PHP version 5.6.18
    bbPress version 2.5.8-5815
    site url http://qnapclub.com.br/site/forums/

celsocos
    Participant

@celsocos

Hello again. I keep testing the forum and I found the images. They are working, but there is another problem: I must click a category to see the images. I need to “expand” the forum front page to display all categories… “open” with the pictures and small description.

I believe something is wrong with my forum setup, the bbPress toolkit is working just fine. I am close the target result, similar to http://www.24baby.nl/forum/

Pascal Casier

@casiepa

Glad to hear ! If you are missing anything bbPress related, just get back…

Pascal.

celsocos
    Participant

@celsocos

Hello Mr. Pascal, all. I changed my theme to default Twenty Sixteen and the forum worked as expected.
    I was able to find the root cause of my issue in a incompatibility between Be Theme and bbp Style Pack.
    Once I removed the template files, the style worded as expected. However I lost theme customization, so I need someone to tweak the template files for me.
    – There is no major bug in bbPress Toolkit
    – There is no major bug in bbp Style Pack
    – There is no major bug in Be Theme

I have a incompatibility, maybe related with !important I can see back and forth.

To solve this issue, I have removed the template files from Theme Directory and started to recreate a new one, step-by-step, until I find the issue. (I also have a bug with verbal tense here!!)
    Thanks for you attention reading this.

If you find a similar issue, please consider incompatibility with your theme.

Regards,
    Celso.

babygiftsonline
    Participant

@babygiftsonline

Nice to be a part of Forum.. Baby

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar