Categories
Search
Bottom

Forum Emails Are Exceeding Host Quota

• TreeTrail
    Participant

@aprilschmitt27

Hello,

I understand that since bbPress 2.5.4, it only sends a single email with all the recipients. We have about 1,000 subscribers. Our hosting level allows 800 emails per hour quota. When we post a forum topic to all subscribers, many of them don’t receive it. I’ve filed two help requests to the host and they indicate that we are exceeding the allowed quota. I don’t understand how the forum emails are exceeding the limit. Any assistance or advice that we might receive would be very greatly appreciated!

site: https://wilmingtontrailclub.org/
    bbPress Version 2.5.14
    bbPress Notify (No-Spam) Version 2.5.1
    bbPress Toolkit Version 1.0.12
    wp mail smtp Version 1.6.2
    kleo child theme
    All plugins and themes are up to date

Regards,
    ~April

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• TreeTrail
    Participant

@aprilschmitt27

My apologies, as I misinterpreted this as not having been sent …and submitted it for a 2nd time.

Robin W

@robin-w

Many providers limit the amount of emails, and yes what starts as a single email, has to become many emails as the email provider splits out one to each BCC, so 1,000 emails are received and it is the mailer who turns 1 into 1,000 so you probably do exceed.

TreeTrail
    Participant

@aprilschmitt27

Thank you Robin. My apologies, as I didn’t realize that this post was replied to. We have been using WP Mail SMTP and Mailgun to manage this problem.

This topic can be closed.

Robin W

@robin-w

🙂

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar