Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Forum design is tweaked in different browsers

• I have been tweaking my design to add a sidebar, everything is looking good on my current version of mac chrome, firefox and safari and on a windows chrome, firefox. But using different website like: http://netrenderer.com/index.php reveal that it is not working on any version of IE and most opera browsers.

Can anyone take a look and maybe point me in the right direction? And if you have a browser that breaks the forum, can you let me know. I can’t tell from here.

Thanks for any help.

http://www.climberism.com/forum

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• Jarret
    Participant

@jarretc

Running Win7 and checked in latest release versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, IE and Opera.

The only issue I can see is in IE and Opera as you mentioned and from clicking around it looks like there is just an issue with the ad in your sidebar.

It doesn’t appear to have any clear: right/both; applied to it so it sits to the left of the searchform. I applied

style="clear: right;"

to

<div align="center">

and it fixed the issue in both IE and Opera.

Awesome! Still getting the hang of css, it’s coming along nicely though!

Everything list aligned nicely and looking great in all browsers now, except for on the ipad and iphone. Any idea why it won’t clean on those devices?

Well it isn’t perfect and if anyone can/would like to give me any feedback, I would much appreciate it.

I was able to get everything to align (not perfectly) with some tweaking of the css and @media queries in the stylesheet. I haven’t tested it on the Andriod so I don’t know if it works, but on the iPad and iPhone I was able to get it to look presentable, should someone view the forum on a mobile device.

If anyone wants to see my css, I’ll post it. If not, guess the post will just get buried.

Jarret
    Participant

@jarretc

If I knew more about mobile development I’d gladly help but haven’t yet to learn that so I wouldn’t be of much use :)

Jarret, thanks for your help and catching the “clear”!

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar