Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Forum default

• newtech1
    Participant

@newtech1

In the backend when creating a new topic, on the right side under Topic Attributes, you choose what forum the topic is going to be under. How do I make it so that my only forum is the default forum, or the only forum. Right now the default is ‘no forum’ with the option of choosing Fishing Report Forum.

I would like it that Fishing Report Forum is the default forum, or better yet, no other choice.

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

• Robin W

@robin-w

this does feel like you have abandoned the car, and are now trying to get a train to go along a road, and I’m not sure you’ll ever achieve that.

newtech1
    Participant

@newtech1

I only have one forum. It is called Fishing Report Forum. It makes no sense to me when you go into Topic Attributes why there is even an option for __ No forum ___ under Forum:

If you are creating a topic in a bulletin board/forum why would it not go into a forum instead of no forum.

There is no way in code to remove the ___No forum___ option under Topic Attributes?

My car has always been Fishing Report Forum and never No forum, so want to stick with my Fishing Report Forum car, not go to a train. 🙂

Robin W

@robin-w

the car/train analogy was you using the backend for frontend tasks 🙂 The backend is designed for admins not users.

Any code can be changed, but I’m just a guy sat in his kitchen trying to help others and only so much I can do, and spending several hours working out how to achieve this is beyond my current resources – sorry.

Robin W

@robin-w

because I am feeling in a good mood, I did a bit of searching.

There is a way, but you have to edit a bbpress file.

so go to

\bbpress\includes\admin\metaboxes.php

and remove line 445 which says

'show_none' => esc_html__( '— No forum —', 'bbpress' ),

and save it back

You will need to do this again if bbpress issues an update, but those are few and far between.

newtech1
    Participant

@newtech1

Thank you for the clarification of the analogy. Yes, that certainly makes sense, and I certainly would like to just use the car. BUT no one has been able to help me make ACF plugin to work on the frontend. ACF has me going to bbpress and bbpress has me going to ACF. (The code that is working great on the backend I have not been able to work on the front end. Spent hours upon hours trying to this.

What I do not understand is why an admin/moderator would ever want a topic to fall under the category of no forum. If nothing else I will figure out a way to just make it so the first option has no words so the poster sees it looks strange, and/or find a way to add additional text below it to tell them to choose the Fishing Report Forum. (I will be giving each new user an instruction pages but I can see many topics going into la la land.

Thanks for what you do at the kitchen table. I will deal with the train. 🙂

newtech1
    Participant

@newtech1

Whoops we must have been posting at the same time. THANK YOU SO MUCH.
    Believe me I had to edit other bbpress files to make ACF plugin work. Again thank you!!!!!

Robin W

@robin-w

no problem, have a good weekend

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar