Categories
Search
Bottom

Forum and Topic Titles Missing…

• sharongraylac
    Participant

@sharongraylac

Hello!

For some reason the titles to both the forum and the topics are missing.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

Kindly,
    Sharon
    Bellynsoul.com/forums

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

• Robin W

@robin-w

Sorry couldn’t see anything to look at in that link, can you explain your issue in a little more detail

sharongraylac
    Participant

@sharongraylac

Argh. I did it again. Sorry about that, Robin! πŸ™

The link should work now: http://bellynsoul.com/forums/forum/trusting-your-gut-2/

I’m trying to add a title to the top left of the forum page as well as the topics page, but having trouble for some reason…

Thanks!
    Sharon

Bob1nz
    Participant

@bob1nz

On line 30 of your css there is #title-wrapper { display:none } which is hiding the page titles.
    Is this the titles you are looking for?

sharongraylac
    Participant

@sharongraylac

Ah, thanks for pointing that out, Bob1nz. I removed the code from a Custom CSS file, but didn’t realize it was in my style.css.

Is there another way to add a custom title to the forum without removing this CSS?

The reason it’s there is to avoid a different (bigger) problem between my theme and Woocommerce pages. In general, I’d rather not have titles at all- Just the forum and topics.

Please let me know if you think I’m making a grave mistake though…

Thanks!
    Sharon

Bob1nz
    Participant

@bob1nz

You could try making a copy of the page template in your child theme and renaming it to bbpress.php then specifying in it to show the title (unhide the css for the forums only.)

You would need to find the part on the page that calls the title-wrapper and specify an inline style of something like <div class=”title-wrapper” style=”display:block;”> as the inline style will over ride the css but only when the bbpress page is called (when you are looking at your bbpress forum)

sharongraylac
    Participant

@sharongraylac

Thanks, Bob1nz!

I created a bbpress.php file and added a call for the title: <?php the_title();?>

Where exactly do I place the inline style you mentioned?

Thanks again!
    Sharon

Bob1nz
    Participant

@bob1nz

sorry make a copy of your default template (possibly page.php?) and rename it to bbpress.php

There should be a <div class=”title-wrapper”> in it already just add add in the style.

sharongraylac
    Participant

@sharongraylac

That’s strange… That’s exactly what I did. I used my page.php from my original theme, brought it into my Child theme, and renamed it bbpress.php. There was no title-wrapper div in that file. Perhaps I should use a different template as my bbpress.php?

Bob1nz
    Participant

@bob1nz

Im not sure on exactly what template you will be using( my theme has about 6 different page templates). I see you are using the kickstarter theme as your parent?
    I dont have access to this theme to have a deeper dig for you myself.
    As this is more of a theme question maybe it would be better asking the author on what files need to be altered to achieve the goal.

sharongraylac
    Participant

@sharongraylac

I understand.

In lieu of a title, is there a way to add an image header?

Thanks so much for all of your help!

Kindly,
    Sharon

Bob1nz
    Participant

@bob1nz

Adding a image in place of your existing title?
    I believe that would be done via css and if you wanted it only on your bbpress pages by modifying the template files as with the titles.

Just did a bit of a google for ya and found this https://bbpress.org/forums/topic/descriptionintro-text-on-top-of-forum-page/ which could be another solution possibly?

sharongraylac
    Participant

@sharongraylac

Thank you, Bob1nz! I really appreciate that!

I’m very close… I managed to get the title to show up (apparently calling in the title on the page.php, now called bbpress.php worked. Just trying to figure out how to add either inline style or css to that. At least there’s a title showing, so there’s progress! πŸ™‚

Thanks again!
    Sharon

sharongraylac
    Participant

@sharongraylac

Okay…

Is there any way I can create a new div around the title that I called in the bbpress.php file or create a class for it so I can customize it in the CSS?

Does that make any sense at all? πŸ™‚

Thanks!
    Sharon

sharongraylac
    Participant

@sharongraylac

I’VE GOT IT!!!!! πŸ™‚

This is what I did to create a title for my bbpress pages (when I had disabled my title-wrapper), in case it helps anyone else.

I first called the title in, by adding the following code to my bbpress.php file (formerly page.php):

<?php the_title();?>

Then I wrapped it in a div like so:

<div id= bbpressTitle>
    <?php the_title();?></div>

Then I created CSS, based on this new class:

#bbpressTitle {
    font-size: 32px;
    font-family: Roboto Slab;
    Font-weight: 200;
    display: block;
    color: #70908F;
    }

And it actually worked. Please take this with a grain of salt… I’m an acupuncturist, not a coder. πŸ˜‰

Thanks again for all of your help, Bob1nz!

Goodnight,
    Sharon

Bob1nz
    Participant

@bob1nz

Great πŸ™‚

Pleased to hear you got it sorted.

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar