Categories
Search
Bottom

/Forum and forum link in wp backend not working

• stopher
    Participant

@stopher

Hi there,
    I’m having problems accessing the forum tab in the wp backend of my site.
    For some reason it is offering me a 500 error….
    I have tried to remove all my plugins and re-initiate the bb press plugin, which does activate, but still provides a 500 error when I try to access the forum link in the backend and the /forum extension on my site pages.
    The forums that are there work, and I can create new ones, but I cannot access the forum list, either on the site or the backend.

My site is available here

Is there anything that you can help me with?
    Kind regards

Chris

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

• Robin W

@robin-w

as a test switch to a default theme such as twentyfifteen, and see if this fixes.

stopher
    Participant

@stopher

I’m sad to say that it hasn’t worked:(

Robin W

@robin-w

This link goes to forums, rather than a 500 error

Forums

try

dashboard>settings>permalinks

and just click save to refresh these

stopher
    Participant

@stopher

Thanks for your help….
    The link does take me to a page that is called forums, but does not list them….

I have tried the permalinks a few times and still they don’t seem to work….
    any other ideas that I might try? Or can you explain what you think is happening…
    I should have 15 forums that I can access:)

Chris

stopher
    Participant

@stopher

Hi again….
    Just to let you know, I tried to reinstall the WP Core but that doesn’t seem to make a difference either.
    I cant understand what maybe the issue… Even on its own, it seems to present the same problem…
    Ive tried to delete and reinstall bbpress, changed the theme, reinstalled the Core, removed all the plugins…. and for some reason it still doesn’t seem to work…. 🙁

stopher
    Participant

@stopher

Hello… I have been trying many different ways to get into the forums page, but I not having any luck….
    I have tried to remove the plugin and reinstall.. That didn’t work
    I tried to remove all bbpress data with the forum reset option in tools… which didn’t work
    I have had a look through the editable files of the plugin….bbpress/bbpress.php
    It stated that if the plugin was installed more than once, it can create ‘Ghost’ versions of BBP which could be the issue?
    Is there any way someone can help me fix this? I’m concerned that I wont be able to use this plugin…
    Kind Regards
    Chris

Robin W

@robin-w

I think you have done so much on the current site that it is impossible to say what is wrong.

I think you need to create a totally fresh site, and start again with just a standard theme (say twentyfifteen) and bbpress.

Then build form there.

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar