Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Formatting toolbar disappeared

• Deamion
    Participant

@npnacapstone

I have the same issue with Mozilla based browsers (e.g. Firefox, Ice Weasel, etc.).
    I have the same website on two different servers, one works with Firefox, the other doesn’t.

The one that works is hosted on a Windows Server with IIS 8.5, the one that doesn’t work is on a Linux server (not sure which distro) with Apache.

Google Chrome, and IE 11 show the toolbar on either server so it seems to be the combination of Mozilla and Linux/Apache.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Are you talking about the bbPress toolbar when creating a topic or reply?

What happens if you switch to the Twenty Fourteen theme?

Have you disabled any TinyMCE plugins?

Have you tried disabling all your plugins except bbPress to see if the issue is resolved?

What version of WordPress and bbPress are you using?

Note: Please don’t bump old topics, create a new topic please, things change and most of the time the issue will be a different issue.

Deamion
    Participant

@npnacapstone

Hi Stephen,

Are you talking about the bbPress toolbar when creating a topic or reply?

Yes.

What happens if you switch to the Twenty Fourteen theme?

The Twenty Fourteen theme has the same issue.

Have you disabled any TinyMCE plugins?

I didn’t install a plug-in called TinyMCE. I thought it was included by default.

Have you tried disabling all your plugins except bbPress to see if the issue is resolved?

No. As I said, the site works find when using Chrome, or IE on the Linux/Apache box (with all plug-ins enabled). When I use the site hosted by Windows Server/IIS 8.5, Chrome, IE, and Firefox work.
    So it looks like a bug that only shows up when Firefox + Apache + bbpress are all working together. Any other combination seems to work fine.

What version of WordPress and bbPress are you using?

Latest version of both.

Note: Please don’t bump old topics, create a new topic please, things change and most of the time the issue will be a different issue.

Very sorry. I’ll do that next time.

Note: I’ve decided that I’m just going to leave it as is. If Firefox users want to post, they can forfeit the editing tools, or use another browser.

Sorry to have wasted your time. Maybe I’ll try to troubleshoot it again when I have more time.
    Thanks for your reply.

It’s all good… My testing of Firefox 29, Apache 2.x, and bbPress 2.5.4 here with Twenty Fourteen and things work perfectly.

Also what I meant by TinyMCE plugin is there are quite a few plugins that enhance/modify/tweak the TinyMCE, ‘TinyMCE Advanced’ and ‘Ultimate TinyMCE’ to name just two.

Anyways when/if you have another look at troubleshooting this just ask away any Q’s 🙂

saju746
    Participant

@saju746

Hi, can anybody help me plz
    I want to know where i will get all the toolbar option coding in plugin.
    Like <input type=”button” id=”qt_bbp_topic_content_strong” accesskey=”b” class=”ed_button button button-small” title=”” value=”b”>

I want to add title to all the toolbar formatting options. Plz help me.

palmdoc
    Participant

@palmdoc

Strange. The formatting toolbars are present in Chrome but absent in FF for me too.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar