Categories
Search
Bottom

Formating toolbar disappears for admin only

• maksanse
    Participant

@maksanse

Hi ! I encounter since a few days a strange and very annoying issue :

When I am logged in as an admin to my bbpress forum, the editing toolbar does not appear :
    NOT WORKING

But when I log in with a subscriber account, I see it correctly :
    WORKING

I got the same issue with Twenty Fifteen theme from wordpress. So I thought it was a matter of plugin.

I deactivated all the plugins excepted bbpress & bbpress Toolkit and I still have the same issue.

So : The problem occurs on Chrome, Safari & Chrome for iOS

– it seems not to be an issue of theme,
    – it seems not to be an issue of plugin compatibility,
    – it’s not an issue of css either… (the editor elements just don’t appear in DOM)
    – it seems not to be an issue of bbpress version (I tried to revert to version 2.5.13 and it still doesn’t work)

I am a little bit confused… Can you please help me ?

Best regards

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• Robin W

@robin-w

ok, so does just bbpress (ie disable bbp toolkit) get the same response

maksanse
    Participant

@maksanse

Hi Robin,
    Thanks for the quick answer, but I don’t understand it. What do you mean ?

Disabling bbp toolkit doesn’t solve the issue. (I need to have the Tiny MCE editor you see on picture WORKING because my users need to upload images). And btw, it was working correctly a few days ago, so disabling it is not the solution for me.

I made some other test and it appears that if I use other admin account, the editor displays correctly. So it’s only with ONE admin account (the one I do everything on my forum) that the issue is present.

Any other idea ?

Robin W

@robin-w

I meant test with just bbpress, so eliminating toolkit, which you have done.

If it was working, and now is not, then something has changed with that account.

So first, I suggest you go though the settings for the working and not working user and check any differences

maksanse
    Participant

@maksanse

Great recommandation ! Found the issue : I checked the “Disable the visual editor when writing” option a few weeks ago to prevent my posts to loose the html I put inside… I didn’t know it impacted also the forum… Now I know !

Again, Thank you !

Best regards !

Robin W

@robin-w

great – glad you are sorted

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar