Categories
Search
Bottom

Filter Forum Widget to show a parent and child forum

• David
    Participant

@davidgibson

Hi
    I have a parent forum with 3 child forums. On a specific page, I want the forum topic widget to display only new topics from any of the 3 child forums. Here are the forums. The parent is ‘English’ and has 3 child forums.
    Parent and child forums
    Here are the settings I’m trying to use from the Forum Topic Widget (when I use the settings shown in the image below, the widget shows as blank)
    Widget

Am I missing something or more likely, what am I doing wrong.

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer – David

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

• Robin W

@robin-w

so how are you doing the ‘widget’ on a specific page – ie only show it on one page?

David
    Participant

@davidgibson

Hi Robin

Thank you for taking your time to respond.

Yes, I want it to appear on the homepage of a membership site so that people can see the latest topics for that particular site. We have another site that uses the forums also, so will need to apply the same there for another parent/child set of forums – if we can make it work as we hope.

Robin W

@robin-w

so do you have 2 issues?

1. only showing on homepage
    2. only showing the 3 forum topics

David
    Participant

@davidgibson

The widget will only show on the homepage (dashboard) yes and only show the 3 forum topics under the parent ‘English’

Here’s where I want it to show (presently only shows the last topics of a single forum)
    Dashboard

Robin W

@robin-w

ok, install

bbp style pack

once activated go to

dashboard>settings>bbp style pack>shortcodes

and you’ll see [bsp-display-topic-index] with lots of options including picking from selected forums – insert this in a text/html/shortcode box – if gutenberg, then a shortcode box.

David
    Participant

@davidgibson

Thanks Robin

I’m using an all-in-one platform Rainmaker (Andromeda) and they don’t allow you to simply install plug-ins. They have to go through testing for compatibility ect and it’s usually around £200 per install to have it tested and approved.

David

Robin W

@robin-w

ok, sorry, not a lot else I can do.

David
    Participant

@davidgibson

Thanks Robin. I appreciate you trying to help with this one.

Enjoy your weekend – David

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar