Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Fetch Topics of Particular Forum

• yarashicr
    Participant

@yarashicr

I am very new to BBPress deployment. One of my client wants me to fetch Topics or discussions of a particular forum or all forums with in a category and display it on the homepage. The only way I can add it on the home page of my site in the current wordpress theme I use is through a custom widget (“text widget”). Can any one help me with the php code to do the same. Also help me on what I need to do inorder to fetch all topics under a particular category, irrespective of the forums to which they belong.

Is there a plugin to do the same or an external widget which I need to install in the form of a plugin.?

If I am not wrong, I assume that the following is the structure of a BBpress forum.
    Category >> Forum (Sub Category) >> Topics (Discussion)
    Eg: Software >> Apple >> A simple topic or discussion on iPhone.

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

• yarashicr
    Participant

@yarashicr

I would also like to limit the topics under a particular category being shown to 5 or less than 5. Do help me on this as well. Thanks in advance.

Robin W

@robin-w

try my plugin

bbp additional shortcodes

I think it will fit what you request

yarashicr
    Participant

@yarashicr

Thanks a lot Robin. I tried the shortcodes as mentioned in the above page after installing and activating the plugin. It did not work for me. I used putting respective forum ID as well. Can you kindly help me on this. I am stuck fixing this for a long time now.

yarashicr
    Participant

@yarashicr

And I also want to know whether these shortcodes work on a wordpress widget.

Robin W

@robin-w

It did not work for me.

Please describe what you mean by this and exactly what you put into the page?

yarashicr
    Participant

@yarashicr

It worked Robin. The problem was with the stylish single quotes in the shortcode on the link, I copied it as it is in the site. I changed it to normal single quotes and it started working. Thank you so much for your help and for such an awesome plugin.

Robin W

@robin-w

no problem, and thanks for letting us know the solution – I’ll remember it for future and look to change the website

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar