Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

FB registered users get "Page not found" error but other logins don't!

• JulioRancho
    Participant

@juliorancho

Hey guys, I am using buddypress with WP Social Login plugin as my register/login method. Users can all log in to the site using any method provided just fine(the available methods are FB, Twitter, Live, and Steam). The problem is when people who have logged in via Facebook try to look at or edit their profiles. A “page not found” error is reached whenever a user does this. I thought it might be a file permissions issue but user who logged in via the other services seemed to be able to view and edit their profiles fine.

I tried to search the forums and internet to see if anyone had encountered this specific issue but could not find anything. I am looking for the simplest possible way to address this issue because I just started using wordpress and seemed to be doing fine until I hit this roadblock.

My site is located at AIRJUGGLE.COM if you guys want to check it out.

Any advice or help would be greatly appreciated seeing as how I am seconds away from trying to reinstall but I am totally trying to avoid doing that if possible.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• bryanforst
    Participant

@bryanforst

I am having a similar problem. I am registering bbpress users based on their FB information which i get from our other site. These users have FB ids as their usernames for uniqueness. However their profiles throw a 404, while the admin profile works fine.

http://www.s4ndb0x.com/forums/forum/issues/

Will be interested in seeing if a solution is found to your issue….

bryanforst
    Participant

@bryanforst

Any solution to this?

I’ve seen a few other posts with simillar problems but there solutions are either not working or not appropriate due to the difference in bbpress versions.

bryanforst
    Participant

@bryanforst

btw since my user names use facebook ids they are all numeric – any possibility that is causing the problem? this is typical for a user profile link:

http://www.s4ndb0x.com/forums/users/100004014294504/

John James Jacoby
    Keymaster

@johnjamesjacoby

It’s probably because they aren’t being assigned any role or capabilities, or they’re given a role that bbPress doesn’t know of. bbPress 2.2 should address some of these types of potential issues, but someone would need to look at your installation to be certain.

bryanforst
    Participant

@bryanforst

I have been changing the role of several members but have not seen a change in behavior.
    By default they are assigned Subscriber roles in the WP database.

We are using 2.1.2 as a full plugin to our WP installation so bbpress uses the WP users DB right?

Ive also tried posting from one of the members after i upgraded them to admin role as a previous topic mentioned user profiles not working until a user had posted. No joy….

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar