Categories
Search
Bottom

Favourites button not showing.

• shonty
    Participant

@shonty

Hi guys,

Quite simply the “favorites” button does not show beside the subscribe button on any topic or forum on my site.

I have deactivated – reactivated bbPress. Tried the Twenty Seventeen Theme. Nothing has worked.

I have the latest WordPress version 5.4
    I have bbPress version 2.6.4

My site is https://fashioncollaborate.com but you wont be able to see anything unless you are a subscribed member. I can provide admin credentials privately?

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

• Robin W

@robin-w

so is this a new problem, has it always been the case, or a new site?

shonty
    Participant

@shonty

Hi Robin,

This is a new site. It’s the first time I’ve gone through everything to make sure everything works which is how I found that it is not there.

Robin W

@robin-w

so in

dashboard>setting>forums I presume you have

Allow users to mark topics as favourites

set ?

shonty
    Participant

@shonty

Hi Robin,

Yes it is. I disabled and re-enabled it to see if it will fix anything but no luck. I note that it says

“Allow users to mark TOPICS as favorites”

But, I note that the “favorites” button usually shows beside “subscribe” which only shows at the top of “forums” for me rather than “topics”?

Thank you for your support by the way. Any other ideas would be welcome:)

Robin W

@robin-w

thanks, contact me via

Contact me

devnst1976
    Participant

@devnst1976

Hi, i have exactly the same problem since v2.6 recent update. Did you find any reason why the button has disappeared?
    The option are set correctly in the backend, but still the button is missing.
    Thanks in advance for any guidance regarding this issue.

Robin W

@robin-w

it could be a theme or plugin issue

Themes

As a test switch to a default theme such as twentyfifteen, and see if this fixes.

Plugins

If that doesn’t work, also deactivate all plugins apart from bbpress and see if this fixes. if it does, re-enable one at a time to see which is causing the error.

Then come back

Chuckie
    Participant

@ajtruckle

Have you inspected the source via the browser just to see if it is there and not being hidden by some CSS styling?

shonty
    Participant

@shonty

Hi there.

Mine ended up being a theme (Kleo-Get Connected) issue that my theme provider fixed.

Cheers

devnst1976
    Participant

@devnst1976

Indeed i’m using a modified them that used to work fine before the 2.5 -> 2.6 update, I assume i’ll have to check all modified templates file in order to know where is located the trouble.. I will check and let you know. Thanks for the replies so far.

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar