Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Fatal error: ob_end_flush()

• HighRollerUSA
    Participant

@highrollerusa

I just installed bbpress 2.5.4 on WordPress 4.1, on two different websites.

On my test site, everything is working as expected, but on my live site (which has SSL) every time I try to access the default https://mysite.com/forums/ I get the following error:

Fatal error: ob_end_flush(): Cannot use output buffering in output buffering display handlers in /homepages/wordpress/wp-includes/functions.php on line 3269

I can create a new page with a different name than “forums” and use the shortcode successfully, but the breadcrumbs have a direct link to the “/forums” and it gives the same error.

Any idea what may be going on?

Thanks!

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

• Robin W

@robin-w

try the following to se if you can pinpoint a conflict in live

Plugins

Deactivate all but bbpress and see if this fixes. if it does, re-enable one at a time to see which is causing the error.

Themes

If plugins don’t pinpoint the problem, as a test switch to a default theme such as twentytwelve, and see if this fixes.

HighRollerUSA
    Participant

@highrollerusa

Thanks, Robin. I’ll have to wait until the wee hours when traffic is low before I start bringing down the site.

So what happens if I find a plugin or theme problems. Are there fixes to be made, or is it just “don’t use that plugin”?

Thanks!

chkdisk
    Participant

@chkdisk

Hi, I got the Same isuue, just found “All In One SEO Pack” not compatible, disabled and bbpress is working again.

Robin W

@robin-w

Depends what the issue is.

I suggest this approach as it helps define whether on a ‘clean’ default theme with no other plugins bbpress is experiencing issues.

If it is ok in a clean site, then I’d suggest talking to your host provider – most are good with wordpress, and may identify any issues.

If you can identify a conflict, then we can look at a solution, sometimes it is easy, often it might be harder 🙂

I presume your test site is on a local server?

If you’re ok/good with web stuff, then you might consider putting a test site on-line so that it is an exact match for the live environment, most host providers allow sub-domains and if you switch on discourage search then it doesn’t interfere see

https://codex.bbpress.org/creating-a-test-site/

then you can be happier that live will work.

Anyway just a thought !!

Robin W

@robin-w

@chkdisk – thanks for this will be interesting to see if highrollerusa is using that plugin.

HighRollerUSA
    Participant

@highrollerusa

@chkdisk, yep that was the issue here too. “All In One SEO Pack” seems to collide for some reason. Good sleuthing, and thanks for the advice!

Now, how do we figure out how to make them play nice together?

Thanks,
    Matt

Robin W

@robin-w

googled ‘All In One SEO Pack bbpress’ and got several entries

The plugin author seems quite helpful, maybe post on their support forum

HighRollerUSA
    Participant

@highrollerusa

I just spent some time on the “All In One SEO Pack” support forum, and there are several posts with similar situations, and the advice is to deactivate, delete, and reinstall “All In One SEO Pack”. This appears to solve the problem!

Thanks for your tips and clues that lead to this solution!

Robin W

@robin-w

Great – really pleased that support forums work, and thanks to help from chkdisk you are fixed

@chkdisk
    – thanks for posting !

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar