Categories
Search
Bottom

Fatal Error HELP!!

• VancouverDan9

@vancouverdan9

Hello everyone

new to all this so appologies if this is very simple and obvious to fix

Basically I installed the bbpress plugin yesterday and got it working, then this morning I ran the auto set up functions after having already made some pages so I linked them via the options.

Due to the auto page maker it made extra pages that i wanted to delet and thus did so on the page editor. however the pages I linked didnt show front end but did back end???

also pages I deleted still showed front end??? when clicking on them the browser just went blank.

so now reaching this impass i decided to uninstall that is when i got this message

Fatal error: Class ‘BBP_Theme_Compat’ not found in /hermes/waloraweb043/b1820/pow.pressstartvgca2/htdocs/wordpress/wp-content/plugins/bbpress/bbp-themes/bbp-twentyten/functions.php on line 32

and now when ever you go to the site this is what you see

http://www.pressstartbc.com

I dont know how to get around this as I cant log in etc

do i have to go back to my server and just take worpress off and reinstal the whole thing?

All help much appreciated

thank you in advance

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)

• ianhaycox
    Participant

@ianhaycox

I don’t know the solution and I have not tried but to get you going try this:

Using FTP or your hosts control panel file manager edit the file,

/wp-content/plugins/bbpress/bbp-themes/bbp-twentyten/functions.php

and change the first line from:

if ( !class_exists( ‘BBP_Twenty_Ten’ ) ) :

to

if ( false && !class_exists( ‘BBP_Twenty_Ten’ ) ) :

That should stop the fatal error and you can log in. From there you could at least deactivate bbpress or change themes etc.

Don’t forget to remove the ‘false &&’ section later.

Ian.

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar