Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Fancy text in topic post?

• kfeuerherm
    Participant

@kfeuerherm

WP 6.1.1 installed bbpress and bbp-styles to test it out as a wpforo alternative.

Apologies if this is a daft question….

I am wondering whether they are conflicting…?

• when signed in as administrator, I can do New topic from the menu, and have all the usual HTML formatting options, so can use headers, links, etc. at the push of a button
    • when signed in as an editor, I get only the vanilla options I see here, having to enter HTML tags.

So I’m wondering whether the first option is actually ‘borrowed’ from wpforo and not actually available in bbpress? or is there some way to enable such a thing?

Illustration here: (hope I’ve done it right, not a big HTML user…)

Visual examples

NOTE: at the moment, I am unable to network deactivate wpforo thus cannot uninstall to see what happens. Have a ticket out on that.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• Robin W

@robin-w

bbpress works on bbpress roles – blocked, spectator, participant, moderator, keymaster

see

bbPress User Roles and Capabilities

kfeuerherm
    Participant

@kfeuerherm

Yes, I realize that. But the main issue is what you see on my examples link (trying to get a more sophisticated topic editing system).

In the meantime, though, I’ve found that there are plug-ins for bbpress of which I was unaware (I thought it was entirely self-contained) which may address my main concerns…!

Thanks again for the quick reply. I think I’ll be better off once I manage to uninstall the other plug-in so I’m clear as to what is what.

Robin W

@robin-w

ok

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar