Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Failed opening required in bb-settings.php on line 114

• Warning: require(/usr/home/gubbs/public_html/bbpress/bb-includes/formatting-functions.php) [function.require]: failed to open stream: Too many open files in system in /usr/home/gubbs/public_html/bbpress/bb-settings.php on line 114

Fatal error: require() [function.require]: Failed opening required ‘/usr/home/gubbs/public_html/bbpress/bb-includes/formatting-functions.php’ (include_path=’.:/usr/local/share/pear’) in /usr/home/gubbs/public_html/bbpress/bb-settings.php on line 114

I get this frequently, using version 0.9.4 of bbpress. Is there a way to fix it? If I hit refresh it usually just goes away and directs or opens up the page its supposed to. So it must just be a tweak thats required? or is it my server?

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)

• chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

If this is shared hosting, I think it’s overloaded. If it’s your own box, you can do something like this to see how many files are open:

ulimit -a

There are many reasons for too many open files, but I don’t think it’s related to bbPress since 0.9.x is pretty stable and I have not seen this error reported for it before.

If you post a link to your domain, someone can check and see how many virtual hosts are living there. Maybe one is just behaving badly.

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar