Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Everything works but the base Forum page – just a stream of text

• mw360
    Participant

@mw360

Using Genesis – installed bbpress – and following the instructions I created an initial forum / topic and when I look at those specific pages everything looks fine, i.e. mysite.com/forums/forum/general-discussion. However, when I try to go to mysite.com/forums, all I see is this at the top (all just text, no links):

Search for: Home › Forums Forum Topics Posts Freshness General Discussion General discussion about us 1 1 53 minutes ago Admin01 […]

That’s it, a blob of text.

To be sure, I did set up a Page, called it ‘Forums’, added it to the menu, applied the shortcode

[bbp-forum-index]

and published it. Also reset Permalinks (note, we’re using /%category%/%postname%/ there, so used option 2 in the setup – if that matters). Absolutely no effect.

It seems odd that everything else runs and looks great except this one root page, and I don’t see any posts here that discuss this particular effect. Hoping someone else has seen this and can comment on it…??

Thanks

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• mw360
    Participant

@mw360

Forgot to add: Using 4.1 and the latest version of everything

Robin W

@robin-w

mw360
    Participant

@mw360

First, that did the job – and many thanks. It does worry me a bit though, that if this is the end-all solution then we’re left relying on a small one-man plugin that may or may not get updated with the next release 🙁 …. I guess we’ll need to keep an eye on this but at least it’s a fix for now…

Thanks again

Robin W

@robin-w

It does worry me a bit though, that if this is the end-all solution then we’re left relying on a small one-man plugin

As author of 6 one-man plugins, I know that this can cause worry, but actually the large team plugins tend to get abandoned as often as team strategy goes in another direction, with no-one feeling ownership !

But the code is open source, so someone else can pick it up, and with over 12,000 users, I suspect that this one would find a new developer.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar