Everyone can view private forum, but members manually controlled
I’m struggling to get my head around users/members/subscribers of public vs private forums. Here’s what I want to do:
1. Six forums, all readable by everyone, including non-logged in users
2. One of those six viewable forums is a members-only club (private?) but fully readable by everyone, including non-logged in users
3. That one members-only club is made up of members manually controlled by the admin
4. Subscribers can add any content to the five public forums
Q1. How do I make a private forum read-only to everyone?
Q2. What’s the best plugin to help me assign a new role (club member) and allow them write-access to the forum?
Any hints gratefully received.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.