Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

ERROR: You do not have permission to create new topics.

• LeighLG
    Participant

@leighlg

Hi, I’m having an issue with posting topics on my BBPress Installation and I’m wondering if anyone can help.

I’ve logged into an account with ‘Keymaster’ permissions but whenever I try and create a new topic on the installation on http://members.coachingmen.org/forum/, I get the notification: ERROR: You do not have permission to create new topics.

This is only a recent development and the only thing that’s changed is that I’ve upgraded to WordPress 4.1.

Has anyone been able to solve this issue and post new topics? Is so, how did you make it work?

Any advice is much appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Leigh

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• Robin W

@robin-w

bbpress works with 4.1 so it not/not only a 4.1 issue

It could be a theme or plugin issue with 4.1

Plugins

Deactivate all but bbpress and see if this fixes. if it does, re-enable one at a time to see which is causing the error.

Themes

If plugins don’t pinpoint the problem, as a test switch to a default theme such as twentytwelve, and see if this fixes.

then come back

LeighLG
    Participant

@leighlg

Thanks for the reply Robin. You were right, it was a plugin that was causing the conflict – Google Analytics by Yoast.

Really strange given the popularity of it.

Thanks for the help. Much appreciated.

Robin W

@robin-w

would be worth you raising this with them

LeighLG
    Participant

@leighlg

Definitely. I’ve already added a comment to their support page letting them know.

Thanks again for the help.

jared_smith
    Participant

@jared_smith

I ran into this exact same problem over the weekend — Thank you for taking the time to figure it out, as it saved me a bunch of time in debugging what the problem was.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar