Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Error saving forum settings

• binarymoon
    Participant

@binarymoon

In the WordPress admin I am getting an error saving forum settings.

Warning: intval() expects parameter 2 to be long, string given in /xxx/xxx/xxx/wp-includes/plugin.php on line 170

Because of this error I also get further errors when using the TwentyTen bbpress theme.

Warning: Division by zero in /xxx/xxx/xxx/wp-content/plugins/bbpress/bbp-includes/bbp-reply-template.php on line 382

This is happening because get_option(‘_bbp_replies_per_page’); is now empty

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• binarymoon
    Participant

@binarymoon

I disabled WP_DEBUG in wp-config.php and resaved and the errors went away. Still, I always develop with WP_DEBUG enabled so it would be good if I could test things without getting errors.

John James Jacoby
    Keymaster

@johnjamesjacoby

Why would you want 0 replies per page?

binarymoon
    Participant

@binarymoon

That’s the whole point – I didn’t set it to 0. I was trying to set the number smaller to see what happens when topics get split into pages (which incidentally doesn’t seem to happen).

To reproduce enable WP_DEBUG and try saving a setting in the bbpress control panel. I got all sorts of errors when I did that.

In addition I have not yet been able to edit a setting. If I disable WP_DEBUG then the page refreshes when I press save but the settings do not get updated.

Please note I am using WP3.3 nightlies – so perhaps something has changed there.

John James Jacoby
    Keymaster

@johnjamesjacoby

Tested this on 3 different installs and cannot duplicate. Something else must be conflicting somewhere.

binarymoon
    Participant

@binarymoon

I would be happy to give you access to my test setup if you want to see it for yourself?

You can email me here if you’re interested – http://www.binarymoon.co.uk/contact/

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar