Categories
Search
Bottom

Error message says I am currently editing a topic

• BobHatcher
    Participant

@bobhatcher

bbpress error message saying I am still editing topic

I’ve completed editing a topic and it doesn’t show in the list of topics, so I go to the WP Dashboard and find the topic in Topics list and it says “Pending” so I open it and hit Update. Then I go to the topic and find this error message “Rober Hatcher is still editing this topic – Leave Stay” I hit Stay and it works but I have no idea what’s happening.

Can anyone help?

TIA
    Bob

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• BobHatcher
    Participant

@bobhatcher

Interesting, when I edit the topic and hit Submit, the topic doesn’t show so I go to the dashboard and it shows as Pending. I edit it and the Status has changed to Pending. When I change the status to Open and Update all is fine. Somehow the status is changed to Pending upon editing.

Robin W

@robin-w

you don’t say whether this is front or back end.

If you can repeat this issue, can you give us a series of steps to see it

BobHatcher
    Participant

@bobhatcher

Not sure I understand front or back end. Here’s the sequence…

1. Edit a topic in the Forum, hit submit
    2. Check to forum, topic not shown
    3. Go to WP dashboard and select Topics and see my topic with a Pending flag
    4. Edit the topic, change Pending to Open, hit Update
    5. Check the forum and the topic shows but when opened it gives the Leave/Stay error
    6. Selecting Stay shows the topic accurately.

Robin W

@robin-w

Backend = anything where you are in the dashboard
    Frontend – everything else !

So what you describe is not normal behaviour.

I’d suggest 2 things.

1. You have another plugin that is affecting how bbpress does topic edits
    2. The topic in question has content that violates your moderation rules – most commonly a number of links, but might be words.

so in

dashboard>settings>discussion you will have rules on how many links and what wrods are blacklisted on your site. If on a topic edit these rules get broken, then the topic will go into moderation.

If this is not obvious from the topic that you are editing that is going into pending, then you could try posting a simple topic with just a few words, and then edit this to see if it suffers from the issue.

if it does, then item 1 above might apply.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar