Categories
Search
Bottom

Error message in BBpress

• lh800
    Participant

@lh800

Hi,

The error message below keeps coming when I work in the wp-dashboard. It prevents me i.e. from do a simple search in posts. Instead of the searh result I’m sent to a page with the following message:

Warning: in_array() expects parameter 2 to be array, null given in /home/salesage/public_html/wp-content/plugins/bbpress/includes/common/functions.php on line 1446

Warning: Cannot modify header information – headers already sent by (output started at /home/salesage/public_html/wp-content/plugins/bbpress/includes/common/functions.php:1446) in /home/salesage/public_html/wp-includes/pluggable.php on line 1171

Do anybody have any idea what this means and how to fix it?

Best wishes
    Lars

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

• Robin W

@robin-w

have you amended any files in bbpress?

lh800
    Participant

@lh800

No. I have not.

I just tried deleting bbpress using this method: https://techjourney.net/how-to-completely-uninstall-and-remove-bbpress-clean-up-databases/.

And reinstalled it – and I get the same message as soon as I install it again:

http://www.screencast.com/t/5jjrCLDnxlO

Any advice?

Best wishes
    Lars

Robin W

@robin-w

bbPress is tested with wordpress default themes. It maybe a conflict – you need to check plugins and themes

It could be a theme or plugin issue

Plugins

Deactivate all but bbpress and see if this fixes. if it does, re-enable one at a time to see which is causing the error.

Themes

If plugins don’t pinpoint the problem, as a test switch to a default theme such as twentyfifteen, and see if this fixes.

Then come back

lh800
    Participant

@lh800

Done.

I activated twentysixteen (usually use Newspaper) and deactivated all plugins except bbpress and maintenance mode – and the same problem.

Any other suggestions?

Best wishes
    Lars

Robin W

@robin-w

hmmm…

not really – normally this is caused by white space in a file – you haven’t edited any files have you?

Suggest you deactivate, delete and re-install bbpress plugin. You will not lose any data or settings.

lh800
    Participant

@lh800

I’ve tried that a few times without any success.

Just noticed that I get another bbpress related error message when I post a new post:

“Warning: in_array() expects parameter 2 to be array, null given in /home/salesage/public_html/wp-content/plugins/bbpress/includes/common/functions.php on line 1446

Warning: Cannot modify header information – headers already sent by (output started at /home/salesage/public_html/wp-content/plugins/bbpress/includes/common/functions.php:1446) in /home/salesage/public_html/wp-admin/post.php on line 197

Warning: Cannot modify header information – headers already sent by (output started at /home/salesage/public_html/wp-content/plugins/bbpress/includes/common/functions.php:1446) in /home/salesage/public_html/wp-includes/pluggable.php on line 1171”

Does this message any clues on what might be wrong?

Sorry for the back and forth – and thanks for your help so far.

Best wishes
    Lars

Robin W

@robin-w

this topic describes the issue,

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/8028957/how-to-fix-headers-already-sent-error-in-php

but as it is pointing to a bbpress file, and we know that bbpress is not the issue (that code is working in many thousands of installations!

which tends to suggest option 7 in the link, that some other error is causing this.

Not sure I can help further !

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar