Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Error in Installation?

• OscarGuy
    Participant

@oscarguy

I just tried to install this, got a screen that said I don’t have access (to what it didn’t specify) and then when I went into the plugin section, it showed active, but I found no place to operate the forum features.

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• Robin W

@robin-w

OscarGuy
    Participant

@oscarguy

None of that is going to work it appears. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling and I don’t get the error page anymore. Nor do I get any forum options on the dashboard or the repair section.

Could there be something on the server end that has to be allowed before it can install?

OscarGuy
    Participant

@oscarguy

Also, I’m running Frontier theme if it matters. I have two websites. I had installed BBPress on one months ago before I swapped to Frontier and that one installed fine. However, I had deactivated. Now that I’m using Frontier there and I tried reinstalling it, the same thing happens: no option to add forums in the dashboard.

OscarGuy
    Participant

@oscarguy

Addendum: the widgets are available to adding login, recent topics, etc, I just don’t see the options to add and modify forums in the left-hand menu bar in the dashboard.

OscarGuy
    Participant

@oscarguy

I did some testing and found the following plugin was the only one preventing me from seeing the Forum option in the dashboard menu. Has anyone else had this issue or know how to fix it so I can have both active at the same time?

Find and Replace
    Version 2.0 | By Ramon Fincken, Bas Bosman

I assume that something in the Find and Replace plugin, which adds its own option in the dashboard menu, is blocking the BBPress menu item from displaying.

Robin W

@robin-w

sorry for the delay in replying

Yes looks like one is affecting the other

It may be worth you contacting the Find and replace plugin author to see if they can fix.

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar