Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Error displayed on public page

• colinsp
    Participant

@colinsp

I am currently developing a site. I am running WP 4.0 with bbPress 2.5.4. As this is a development site it is not currently live.

I have created some categories and forums. When I go to the forums page the following error is shown at the top of the page.

Notice: Undefined property: WP_Query::$post_type in /home/lxxxxxh/public_html/txxxxv/wp-includes/query.php on line 3946

I DO NOT have debug turned on. I have tried re-installing both bbPress and WP without success.

Any thoughts?

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)

• colinsp
    Participant

@colinsp

I have done some more debugging and found the issue to be with the default method 1 page Forums. This error is only shown on the forums page. If I go to my own page with the short-code on it the error is not shown.

If I change the slug to that of my own forum page then the error is shown so it is tied to what is stored in the default forum page slug.

I could live with this except that if you click the breadcrumb word Forums then of course you are taken to the default page with the error rather than my page. Is there any way to change the slug other than through the options page? If there is I could live with this workaround.

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar