error after new post (all of a sudden)
A few days ago, out of the blue, users of my bbpress forum reported that submitting a new topic/post resulted in an error. Previously, my bbpress forum was working perfectly. However, over the last few days, I have verified that if you submit a new post or leave a comment, the browser takes you to bb-post.php, where the page hangs. You can verify this on my forum using user “testuser” and password “test123”.
There are a few weird things about this:
- I hadn’t touched the server for some time prior to this sudden problem, so it’s weird that the problem started, since I hadn’t changed anything
- I’ve been running two bbpress forums authenticated against the same WP user table. The problem is only with the first bbpress installation, while the second bbpress installation continues to work with no problems.
- When you post, the browser returns a 500 internal server error, and doesn’t display a “die” message, e.g. “You need to actually submit some content!”
- Although the browser returns a 500 internal server error, the posted content does go through.
I’ve hand-inspected http://boards.weddingbee.com/bb-post.php, and it has exactly the same PHP code as http://classifieds.weddingbee.com/bb-post.php. I’ve tried everything I can think of… I disabled plugins and Akismet, and the problem didn’t go away. (I’ve turned them back on.)
I’m using bbPress 0.83, with bb_db_version 788. I haven’t upgraded to bbPress 0.9.0.2 yet because I’ve integrated my WordPress 2.33 install with two bbPress installs and a Mediawiki install, and it will be a ton of work to reintegrate. However, that is the next step…
Does anybody have any ideas?
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.