Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Error After Installing

• I’m not sure this is the right forum but whatever I installed bbpress and everything went fine until the last part Key Username I put my wordpress username and it gave me an error but it didn’t go back. So i just went to my site url now i get this:

Oh dear!

bbPress is already installed.

Perhaps you meant to run the upgrade script instead?

when i just go to the main url part of the site, any help would be apreciated

Thanks

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

• zaerl
    Participant

@zaerl

I put my wordpress username and it gave me an error but it didn’t go back

What error.

The error was this key username is already taken but now like i said, it says its installed but its just going to the install.php page

zaerl
    Participant

@zaerl

If you have integrated bbPress with WordPress (same user database) you cannot choose a login name that already exists in WordPress.

Ye i figured that…but thats not the problem the problem is it keeps redirecting me to the install page after I installed and it says its installed but why is it re directing me there

Drop the bbPress tables in the database and re-install. If you are integrating via install only, then choose the WordPress admin username to start with(select from the dropdown), don’t enter the same username as different username as that would cause conflict with the already existing one.

Ok, thanks a lot it work. Thanks again fixed

glad that you got it working :)

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar