Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Error after installing bbpress 2.0 RC4

• I am using WordPress 3.2.1 and installed the bbpress 2.0 RC4 plugin. Immediately after activating the plugin, I could no longer access anything on my site. Not the home page. Not the Dashboard. What I keep getting are the following errors.

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 33554432 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 30720 bytes) in/home4/paperwin/public_html/yousuckatkorean/wp-content/plugins/bbpress/bbp-admin/bbp-settings.php on line 589

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 33554432 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 71 bytes) in/home4/paperwin/public_html/yousuckatkorean/wp-includes/taxonomy.php on line 2624

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 33554432 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 24 bytes) in/home4/paperwin/public_html/yousuckatkorean/wp-includes/taxonomy.php on line 2631

I searched the support forum for “error after install bbpress 2011” but couldn’t find much.

I tried re-uploading the bbpress plugin folder, but to no avail.

It seems like a WordPress issue rather than a server issue since the server is telling me that my error is coming from the WP directory, and I’m able to access other sites on the same server.

Any ideas on how to solve? Is it safe to simply delete the bbpress plugin folder? Will that solve the problem?

I don’t know what the ‘taxonomy.php’ file does. Should I re-upload a virgin copy of it?

Any help would be VERY much appreciated. Thank you!

regards,

Ryan

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• John James Jacoby
    Keymaster

@johnjamesjacoby

You need to increase the amount of available memory on your server. I suspect you have other plugins or a theme framework active also, as WordPress + bbPress alone shouldn’t be pushing 32Mb.

Do a Google search on increasing available memory for your server configuration. There are different ways to do it depending on your level of access and/or experience.

THANK YOU for teaching me something new.

That was, indeed, the problem. And, yes, I had installed a theme framework a couple days ago (Platform Pro).

I did a google search for the terms you mentioned and fixed the problem.

Thank you again.

John James Jacoby
    Keymaster

@johnjamesjacoby

Perfect. Happy to help, and happy you were able to figure it out. Good work!

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar