Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

End-user cheat sheet for using forums (code/smileys)

• adamorigin2
    Participant

@adamorigin2

Hello everyone. I was wondering if there is a complete list anywhere for the bbPress plugin of all the functionalities available to the end-user, a general forum user on a wordpress site using bbPress. For instance, having a list of before and after of code and examples to demonstrate what is available and how it works.

For example: the functionality of some of the quicktags is a little ambiguous in what they do. There are some code option for smileys but how many and what they are is unknown. There are options to address previous users in the forums. Ability to embed youtube by placing a link. I am not sure if this is all bbPress on the sites I use as they could be using multiple plugins but having a comprehensive list on what is available for bbPress would be quite handy. Maybe this already exists somewhere but I have not been able to find it as all advice answeres is catered towards the technical end of implementation not general users.

If I could also make a request for such a user help list to be included in the bbPress plugin in something like a drop down or expandable Help List of all available functionality for general users.

It would be great for end-users to be able to utilise this plugin to its full potential but its near impossible to know what that is without a fair bit of trial-and-error. Like I said – maybe this is listed somewhere but it would be great if it was included in the actual plugin design.

Thanks.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• adamorigin2
    Participant

@adamorigin2

Bump. Is there a list of available emoticons and other code options available to users of the bbPress forum?

adamorigin2
    Participant

@adamorigin2

I have looked there but couldn’t find what I was after. I was looking at once bbPress plugin is installed what functionality will it give within the actual editor window to users of the forum. Some things are listed in quicktags ie strong tags that bold words. But what about all the other things not listed in quicktags, emoticons etc. Surely there has to be a complete cheat sheet of what code gives what result.

Thanks for your time.

Apologies, I missed that one, bbPress uses the same smileys as WordPress

The full list can be found here: https://codex.wordpress.org/Using_Smilies

adamorigin2
    Participant

@adamorigin2

Thanks very much Stephen! It would be great if that table of emoticons could be included in the current forum GUI reply box. Even if it’s just a hover over a smiley image to show the complete list. Doesn’t need to be selectable, though that would be extra fancy.

Is there a list of other other functionality not listed in quicktags. ie embedding videos when a youtube link is used. Tagging a forum user within a post with @username. Or have I listed all the hidden user-sided magic off bbPress now 🙂

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar