Categories
Search
Bottom

Enable Mention Auto Suggest

• janicepickens
    Participant

@janicepickens

Wordpress Version 4.9.6 and Buddy Press 3.0.0

I have been unable to find a more recent post on this topic (only 2-3 years old), so please excuse me if I overlooked it.

I need to enable @mentions auto suggestions in forum posts. Has this been enabled or is there a way that I can enable this?

Thank you for the help in advance and sorry to ask such a simple question but I have been looking this up for days and can’t find anything recent. 🙂

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

• janicepickens
    Participant

@janicepickens

Anyone have any suggestions? 🙂

Robin W

@robin-w

@mentions is available with Buddypress or by using the bbp-mentions-email-notifications plugin,

janicepickens
    Participant

@janicepickens

Thank you! The mentions are working, when a user types in @username in a post the autosuggestion aren’t populating. Provides a list of name suggestions, similar to @username in the activity streams.

Hope I am making sense.

janicepickens
    Participant

@janicepickens

Screenshot

I have added a screenshot to explain. The auto suggestion works in the activity but not in the forum comments. Is there a way to enable this?

Robin W

@robin-w

try this, but please come back and confirm if it works

bbp Mentions Suggest

janicepickens
    Participant

@janicepickens

@robin-w

Thank you so much but unfortunately it didn’t work. Is there something I need to do after install?

Thanks again for the help!

Robin W

@robin-w

no, it was just a try at getting it to work, sorry, but I haven’t time to bug hunt it down at the moment

wjh
    Participant

@wjh

• WordPress 5.4.2
    • bbpress 2.6.5
    • Buddypress 6.3.0 w/ Activities module activated
    • bbp Style pack w/ both form editors (TinyMCE + text) activated
    • bbp Mentions suggest

The bbp Mentions suggest plugin by the venerable @robin-w still works and enables autocomplete mentions in TinyMCE as well as in the Text (HTML) tab of the editor … but only on initial page load, since bbpress 2.6.2.

Since bbpress 2.6.2, when clicking on Reply to a specific comment on a subject thread, the dynamic reply form now appears under the comment in question, and the window scrolls to it. Which is a very nice improvement! However, this breaks Robin’s plugin for the TinyMCE editor (mentions do still autocomplete in the Text editor, at least).

I’m not a developer but I’m guessing it has to do with the new version of /bbpress/templates/default/js/reply.js, specifically the addEditor function at the end of the file.

@robin-w
    any ideas how to get your plugin to play nice with the dynamic reply form in bbpress ≥2.6.2?

Or anyone else out there?

Cheers in advance!

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar