Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

emoticons question

• Hi,

Apologies, because i know there are lots of posts out there on the subject, but I am kind of new to bbpress, and I’m a little confused.

My client wants emoticons installed on his bbpress installation (1.02), but the only plugins I can find seem to work only up to around bbpress 0.9.

Even the forum topics discussing the need for emoticons and smilies seem to tail off around 2009. Weird.

Did emoticons get integrated into bbpress core around that time? If so, I can’t seem to find any options for it.

Did emoticons become so uncool people stopped using them?

Or is there a way to implement them into bbpress 1.02???

If anyone can point me in the right direction, I’d be really grateful ;-) [insert giant cheesy winking emoticon here]

Jimmmy

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• Ben L.

@nightgunner5

I’m pretty sure the old plugin still works. With the upcoming bbPress plugin version, emoticons will be handled by WordPress.

Ben L.

@nightgunner5

I’m pretty sure the old plugin still works. With the upcoming bbPress plugin version, emoticons will be handled by WordPress.

Thanks Ben. I couldn’t get bb-emoticons to work, but bb_smilies is working great.

Cheers,

Jimmmy

Thanks Ben. I couldn’t get bb-emoticons to work, but bb_smilies is working great.

Cheers,

Jimmmy

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar