Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Embed links weird formatting

• mindylll
    Participant

@mindylll

There is a weird problem that happened a couple of months ago, then went away, and now is happening again to random users. When someone posts a link in a forum post, sometimes it tries to embed the entire mobile version of the page they are linking to in an iframe sort of framework instead of a nice link preview. Why would this only be happening at random?

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

• Robin W

@robin-w

consistently to certain random users, or occasionally across all users ?

ie do you have a ‘random’ user who is getting this problem all the time that you can test with?

again this could be caching

mindylll
    Participant

@mindylll

Two users just experienced this problem back-to-back across two days. I believe it was once for each person. Another user experienced this problem about a month or so ago. I hadn’t heard of any other problems between that time period.

mindylll
    Participant

@mindylll

Weird embed

mindylll
    Participant

@mindylll

Screenshot of a 3rd different user who experienced this issue this morning. You can see the title of the forum post called “Trusting God” she is trying to share with an orange hyperlink color. Then, underneath that, it is attempting to embed the mobile version of that page/post into the forum reply. I turned off “show link preview” from the settings, which I believe resolved the issue, but we WANT the link preview to show, so I put the setting back on.

mindylll
    Participant

@mindylll

Just heard back from one of the users and they were using Safari. Seems to be a problem specifically related to that browser. Any ideas on how we can work around this?

mindylll
    Participant

@mindylll

This does not seem to be a caching problem since I have now excluded all the forum extensions in SG Optimizer. I’ve also heard that this problem happened to a user on Safari, but not when they used another browser so it seems isolated to Safari. Any thoughts? I’ve scoured the web, but nothing is coming up.

Robin W

@robin-w

that’s safari for you 🙂

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar