Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Email notifications

• websmyth
    Participant

@websmyth

I’m experiencing an issue where a forum is sending notification emails to almost all members bar a small handful. The forum has nearly 700 members but there are roughly ten members that never receive notifications.

Having checked for spam issues, setup SPF records and the bbPress Notify (No-Spam) plugin, I installed the WP Mail Log plugin which has revealed that emails simply aren’t being sent to these email addresses. The users are subscribed as far as we can tell but for some reason the system is not sending emails to these users.

I don’t think I’ve missed anything obvious, but could be wrong so any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• Robin W

@robin-w

email can be very complicated to debug.

I’d try

setting up a new user with an email address you have access to (and isn’t currently in the site)
    Test to ensure it is working – you then have working user with working email. Change this email address to anything such as abc@def.com

Then take a user who you know is not working, and change their email address to the working one above
    Then change the new user above to the not working email

Then you can see if the issue is with the email address or with the user and fault find from there.

websmyth
    Participant

@websmyth

Hi Robin,

Thanks for getting back to me – I’ll give this a go.

Dave

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar