Search
Bottom

Email notification problem for replies

• janecarole
    Participant

@janecarole

Wordpress 6.0, Most recent bbPress version, https://lemonstograpes.com
    Using Twenty-Seventeen

When a reply is posted, 2 email notifications are sent out to users: see #1 AND #2 below.

#1. email format (template): I want only this one to be sent! I created it in bbPress Notify (No spam).

Hello! A new reply has been posted by Jane Carole.
    Topic title
    Link
    Excerpt

Source: Created by me in bbPress Notify
    This one is sent out and has the correct format and contents.
    It is the only one I want to send.

#2. email format (template): I do not want this one to be sent.

Jane Carole posted new reply:
    Full content
    Link

Source: I don’t know where this one is coming from.
    It is automatically sent right after #1 is sent.

In summary:

I need to stop #2, but don’t know how. I think maybe it is the bbpress default email text. (I used bbPress Style pack, Subscription emails tab, and checked the box that allows me to enter different email body text, but the changes I make (in instructions 4-9 of that tab) aren’t applied and used even though I save them. The default text keeps appearing.

I thought that The bbPress Notify plugin would stop any other email notifications (I marked override subscriptions), but for some reason that isn’t happening.

Help please! (I am posting this again because for some reason when I posted it earlier today it was wrongly marked as spam!)

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

• Robin W

@robin-w

ok, you’ll need to do some detective work to see what is sending.

I’d suspect that if you are asking style pack and notify to both send that might be the issue. try deactivating the subscriptions email tab in style pack and see if that makes a difference

Robin W

@robin-w

oh, and do you know that all users are getting this, or are you assuming because you do? do you have a test user set up ?

janecarole
    Participant

@janecarole

One other person got it, and I assumed that all were. The other person is my husband … and I just remembered he is set up as an admin, though he doesn’t function as one! I will set up a test user. Can you tell me how to “deactivate” the subscriptions email tab? I don’t see how to do that.

Robin W

@robin-w

dashboard>settings>bbp style pack>subscriptions and make sure item 3 is unticked

janecarole
    Participant

@janecarole

Okay, it turns out that only admins are getting the 2nd email. I unticked the Subscription emails box 3 to see if I could stop the 2nd email to the admins, but it didn’t stop. I’d like to stop it, but have not idea how, so I’ll just leave it as is, unless you have another idea.

Thanks for your help.

Robin W

@robin-w

I suspect you have a setting in bbpress notify to send advice to admins

janecarole
    Participant

@janecarole

Can’t find anything in bbPress Notify. Giving up. 🙂

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar