Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Email new post notifications just once until user returns?

• sb73542
    Participant

@sb73542

Hi there,

I am interested in migrating a very active forum to bbPress. But a critical piece of functionality for my users is the ability to subscribe to a thread and receive email notifications for new posts, but only receive *one* notification until the user returns to view the thread again. Is there any kind of plugin that would give me this functionality on bbPress? I’ve looked all over and I can’t find anything.

Thanks a lot!

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
  • Hi,

First of all to reply to your question: I have never seen a plugin like this, but then of course, I don’t know all the plugins around bbpress as every day new ones are created or updated.
    If you really don’t find it and are willing to pay, you could post your request on http://jobs.wordpress.net/

But then just some thoughts: Is this really a strict/blocking requirement to move to bbPress ? Nowadays in all modern email readers, all threads are grouped one under the other. So if you have 1 new reply or 10 new replies, you will only see 1 email with (10) threads, so it should not really bother people.
    And if I subscribe to a topic, I’m really interested in it and want to follow it by email. The only thing could be a ‘digest email’ on an hourly/daily bases, but that’s a slightly different topic.

Pascal.

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar