Categories
Search
Bottom

“Editors’ Choice” for Topics?

• u_Oi
    Participant

@arutam

Hi,

In my forum some users post great topics and I don’t want disappear them in the pagination. I wonder if there is a way to mark topics as for example “Editor´s Choice” to keep a record and display them in other page with a shortcode or generate a view?

For example, allow keymaster and moderator roles mark topics as Editor´s Choice?

Any idea?

Thanks,

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• Robin W

@robin-w

the quick solution would be to leave them in the forum mark them as ‘sticky’ and they will stay at the top and then as keymaster you can alter the title to say ‘EDITOR’S CHOICE : How to fix my car’

Alternately you could move those topics to a separate forum called ‘Editor’s Choice’ and put that forum at the top of your forum list

u_Oi
    Participant

@arutam

Thanks for the suggestions @robin-w. But I thought about if there is a function to add a “editor’s choice” option on the edit topic form? (where you have ‘sticky’ options)…

or is there a way to create a “sticky” option but dont make it mark topics in top of forum?

Robin W

@robin-w

adding an editors choice field to the topic form is doable, and creating a view of these also possible, but would be a chunk of code.

u_Oi
    Participant

@arutam

I wonder if I can suggest this for next versions of bbpress? (Something similar to “Popular” or “No-Reply” labels)

Just in case anyone needed… here is a plugin:

https://plugins.dev4press.com/gd-topic-prefix/

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar