Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Editors cannot see Topics and Replies in Dashboard

• sn07
    Participant

@sn07

I have recently upgraded to WordPress 3.4.1 and bbpress 2.1. Previously editors could see Topics and Replies on the dashboard. However now that is missing? Administrators can still see them. I have today installed the plugin ‘User Role Editor’ and given privilages to editors to delete topics and replies etc but these items are still missing from the dashboard. An editor can still delete the topics/replies from within the forum itself. Did something change in bbpress 2.1 that could explain this?
    Thanks

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• John James Jacoby
    Keymaster

@johnjamesjacoby

This was done on purpose in 2.1, to prevent Blog editors from moderating Forum data. I’m open to rethinking the restrictions here, but it was requested quite a few times.

I’m looking into including better user capability management in 2.2. I think there are different use cases for different types of installations, so it makes sense to me to be able to customize these things in core.

sn07
    Participant

@sn07

Thanks for explaining this. Being able to customise this in future versions sounds good, but in the meantime I am able to give my editors enough permissions to edit/delete posts directly on the site so that will work just fine.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar